Sandip University is an autonomous educational university which is guided and governed by the policy, rules and regulations of Maharashtra State and the regulations of the University Grants Commission(UGC). This is the first Self-financed private university in the North of Maharashtra. Situated in the historic land of Nashik, Sandip University is extremely progressive in thought, culture, mission, vision and delivery of world-class education to the next generation of students. Sandip University belongs to Sandip Group of Institutions which owns the very well-known Sandip Foundation in Nashik. Sandip University is a massive educational institute in Nashik aimed at providing quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs to the students.
- It believes to be a leader itself and provide education and transform the students into future leaders of the nation; having self-confidence, discipline, self-control and a purpose of life.
- The University focuses on creating and deploying modular programs leading to academic, vocational and professional degree that caters to the needs of all the sectors of the society.
- It engages itself to establish innovative approaches for ensuring there is seamless learning time-frames and is working towards a continuous evaluation processes in order to nurture and cultivate the creativity and entrepreneurship among the students.
- The University focuses to ensure the standard of the degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions conferred by them are at par with those laid down by the All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) or the University Grants Commission(UGC) Act 1956 or any other statutory body, as the case may be.
The YCMOU has been established by an Act XX (1989) of the Maharashtra State Legislature on 1 July 1989 and has been recognized under section 12(B) of the UGC Act 1956. The UGC has recognized the degrees and diplomas awarded by state open universities like YCMOU to be on par with degrees and diplomas awarded by any other traditional university in the similar subject areas.
The Government of Maharashtra has also mentioned the qualifications earned at the YCMOU to be acceptable under the recruitment and promotion rules. The qualifications awarded by the YCMOU are recognized to be on par with the qualification of the similar level (UG degree, PG degree, diploma, etc.) of similar subject areas after due consideration of the entry qualification, duration of the program and course contents by other traditional universities.
The YCMOU through its technical, vocational, professional and liberal education programs, application of modern communication technologies and adoption of the distance education methodology strives towards developing an innovative, flexible and open system of education with the ultimate goal of becoming a ‘mass varsity’.
YCMOU’s mission has been to respond to the developmental needs of the society by offering need-based vocational courses to larger and larger segment of population, and in particular to the disadvantaged groups such as those living in remote and rural areas including working people, housewives and other adults who wish to upgrade or acquire knowledge through studies in various fields.
Objectives of YCMOU:
- To make higher, vocational and technical education available to large sections of the population.
- To pay special attention to the needs of the disadvantaged groups, in particular, people in rural areas and women.
- To relate all courses to the developmental needs of individuals, institutions and the State.
- To provide an innovative, flexible and open system of education by using distance teaching methodology and by applying modern communication technologies to education.
- To provide continuing adult and extension education. Special attention to be paid to retraining adults in new skills to enable them to adjust to a changing technological environment.
- To provide post-graduate studies and research opportunities in all fields of knowledge, especially in educational technology, distance education and development communication.
City of Oxford College is the international brand of Activate Learning, and builds on its own successes of over 60 years of vocational education in Oxford. The Oxford-based group delivers career-focused learning.
City of Oxford College trains students in secondary, further and higher education, apprenticeships and workforce skills with the clear purpose to transform lives through learning, and set a clear line of sight to employment. The reputation is founded on the ability to deliver highly employable people, well-prepared for success in the working environment. This is done by applying the unique Activate Learning’s Philosophy and Practice of Extensive Engagement of industry partners at all stages in the design and delivery of skills development.
Times and Trends Academy (TTA) is affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Education (MSBVE) for vocational training certification in Fashion Design, Interior Design, and Animation.
MSBVE was bifurcated into the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training from Directorate of Technical Education in 1984.
Established in 1986, the Board of Technical Examination of the State, is responsible to conduct examinations of various technical diploma and professional certification courses offered by MSBVE.
The duration of all the vocational courses offered by MSBVE ranges from 6 months to 2 years.
Most of the courses are short-term and are designed for students and professionals who want to meet certain qualification requirements.
The syllabus of all the courses is designed strategically so as to empower students with industry-competent skills to start and scale their career / business.
Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Examination conducts the final examination for skill assessment and a certificate of completion is awarded to successful candidates.
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants who is a thriving global community of 233,000 members and 536,000 future members based in 178 countries that upholds the highest professional and ethical values.They are leading the way in the accountancy profession. Their expertise is widely recognised, and their input and opinion is sought by governments, professional bodies, academic institutions, employers and the media, worldwide.
The qualifications of ACCA are the gold standard in accountancy, opening doors to highly respected and interesting work in any sector. ACCA professional qualification has been officially benchmarked to Master’s level. Which means their members can benefit from academic credit, and sometimes even public funding, if they want to further their studies. In 1974, they received the UK Royal Charter, recognising the excellent quality of their core qualification.